I journaled for 30 Days straight and this is what I learned

Hey Friends,

if you've been paying attention to every blogpost I have posted so far you'll know that I love writing things down on a piece of paper. While that's not only good for organizing you day to day life, it's also good for organizing your thoughts and feelings. I've been journaling on and off all my life. Then Jo Franco, who you might know from the YouTube Channel "DamonAndJo" or her brand "Shut Up and Go", published a video on her own personal channel and long story short: She made a journal club.

Right away she started a 30 Day Challenge on Journaling. Now, there's also a 60 Day Challenge and the goal is to have a FULL YEAR (or more) of journaling. I joined in when Jo was already on day 30 or so. At the beginning I didn't do it daily because there was a few days where I was at my boyfriends house and other days where I was way too tired because of school and studying for finals. After ten days I managed to do it consistently every day.

This is what I learned in 30 Days of Journaling:

  • Your thoughts have a huge impact on your physical health. I've gone through a really stressed and anxious phase (I mean who hasn't during quarantine) and I've noticed how not only my mental health was suffering but also my physical health. Writing things down can calm you down.
  • Sometimes it's important to just be. Sometimes you need to perceive things. Take that pen and feel what you write. Listen to all your senses. Writing is an experience. Let your senses take over and turn your brain off for a minute or two.
  • Forming a habit takes time but you'll really enjoy keeping it up. It will be good for you once you get used to take a few minutes off of your hectic day. 
  • Writing down what's going on can really make your day. Let your emotions flow. It will make you feel better. Write it down as raw as you can.
  • Create something to remember. I'm really looking forward to reading my entries. You grow as a person and you learn different things every day. You evolve but your past experiences form who you are today. Write things down for yourself so you can remember how you felt. Create something your children and their children will be proud to have once you're gone to a better place.
  • Let your creativity flow. Some days you might not find the right words to write so why not make a collage or draw something that describes your current situation?
  • Journaling is not a competition. It's not about who gets reposted the most or who's writing is the prettiest or who wrote the most meaningful entry. It's about you! You are unique and so is your journal entry. It's all yours and no-one can take it from you.
I'm really looking forward to learning more as I begin the 60 Day Journaling Challenge. 
If you're interested in journaling as well, follow me on Instagram and click here if you want a list of the first 30 prompts. 


You are perfect the way you are. Keep doing you! 

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

20 things I managed to do before turning 20

for everyone who doesn't know what to do after school