How working out can change YOUR life!

Hello my Friends, 

this is for all the lazy couch potatoes, the procrastinators and the ones who aren't as confident as they want to be. I'm all of the above. I'm sure a lot of you have seen people working out all of a sudden because of quarantine and for some people that might be just the motivation they needed but for others it does the exact opposite. I want to show you what working out did to me. 

WHAT IS A WORKOUT?
Well, to me it's any type of movement where you burn calories or strengthen your muscles. I'm definitely not a pro in this so listen to your own body. To me, working out can be anything from yoga, home workouts, dancing, jogging to taking walks. Yoga can be pretty chill and it might not feel like a workout all the time but it definitely strengthens your muscles. Dancing can be a pretty cool cardio workout without feeling like it and some people just need to go for a run or do home workouts in order to feel the endorphins rush in. 

WHY YOU SHOULD WORKOUT:
I always used to think negatively about working out and doing sports because I always felt like things were too hard or my body didn't look flattering when I did all the exercises. I realized that finding what's good for you is an important key but you should never workout just to loose weight. That's not a healthy way to look at working out. You should work out in order to get healthier and more fit. Yes, weight loss might be a side effect but it should never be the main reason why you do sports. My reason was to get healthier and I wanted to prove myself wrong. I always thought I would be a couch potato for all of my life. I thought that sports just wasn't for me. All I needed was to see things from a different perspective. I needed to know what was fun for me and why I would do it regularly. 

HOW YOU CAN MOTIVATE YOURSELF TO BE PERSISTENT:
As I said, first you have to FIND WHAT YOU LIKE. For me, this was dancing. I always loved dancing and in a way, it was an important step towards doing things regularly. Then it took me a bit of time. I joined a dancing club so I was always doing a little bit but sometimes I just didn't do any extra workouts at home. Here's what motivates me the most: 
  • Get a friend to do things with you. They will kick your booty in a different way. You'll push yourself more if they do things better. Of course, you shouldn't compare yourself with others because it can be frustrating and really drain on your energy but sometimes it can push you to do better yourself.
  • Record yourself. This is big for me. I record myself and share it on my Instagram stories because it motivates me to actually finish the workout. If you're lucky you might even be reposted by a fitness blogger if you tag them. Sometimes you might even get compliments from your friends and it might get you motivated even more.
  • Unfollow annoying fitness bloggers. This was a huge one for me. A few fitness bloggers always look TOO stunning. They make me frustrated because they are unrealistic beauty standards. Some of them talk in a way that's just annoying to me. They say that they have the PERFECT recipe on how to get in shape really quickly but sometimes they don't offer a huge variety of exercises so that it might not work for everyone.
  • Follow your favorite fitness bloggers. It might take you a while to find the ones that keep you motivated the best but I still think that they can get you really motivated. Especially if they also talk about other stuff than just fitness.
  • Research a lot about anything that you're curious about.

MY FAVORITE AT HOME WORKOUTS:
Lucy Wyndham-Read:

Blogilates:

Pamela Reif:

The Fitness Marshall:

Yoga With Adriene:
































Exercising is not about loosing weight. It's about gaining confidence. It's about celebrating small goals and it's about learning to love your body. It should never be a punishment but rather a reward. I hope I could motivate you a bit to start working out more regularly. I know that it has helped me a lot to accept my body the way it is and to keep working on things if I want to reach that goal. Love yourself first!


It would be cool if you check out my social media pages:

Stay happy, stay safe












Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

20 things I managed to do before turning 20

A short story about writing, me and self love...

for everyone who doesn't know what to do after school